LBJ week has officially arrived

Lauren Shank, Reporter

The Dawg Pound members have prepared for this week of LBJ events by getting together within the school and planning the activities that make this yearly tradition so special.  

Starting off with spirit week, our high school celebrates the last football game of the season against Shippensburg. Monday is tie dye day, Tuesday is college day, Wednesday is what not to wear day, Thursday is character day, and Friday is maroon and gold day. On Thursday evening, students can participate in a car smash at the stadium parking lot along with a hyped pep rally, which includes a bonfire and a parade. The car for the car smash was generously donated by the Hippensteel’s. On Friday, students are encouraged to participate in the paint war before the game to show off some school spirit. Since the LBJ is a yearly event, the Dawg Pound tends to switch things up from year to year, such as different games, to find out what interests the students. Kelly Shullenberger, a senior and member of the Dawg Pound, said that her favorite part about being a part of this club is the school spirit that they get to portray.

“We have everyone broken down into different groups, and planning different aspects of the events.” said Megan Anderson, who is one of the two advisers of Dawg Pound. Planning for the LBJ takes a lot of preparation and a lot of organization to be able to produce fun and fulfilled events. “People in the club know we put in a ton of hours, even outside of club time, to be able to get everything ready in time.” said Anderson. Both head leaders, Ashley Oldham and Anderson both take extra time beyond the club and take care of the extra details, such as approving things with the administration.

After all the hard work pays off, the high school students get to enjoy a week full of events that show off the different aspects of the LBJ. “I believe that Big Spring will win the Little Brown Jug this year.” said football fan, Alyssa Teter. The LBJ game is at home this year and starts at 7 for people who wish to attend.