Dancing the night away

Cassie Epstein, Reporter

The Big Spring Junior-Senior Prom will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. in the Letort View Community Center located in Carlisle. Prom is one of the most important events in high school life – one that will be remembered long after graduation. It’s what makes the last month of school so special and exciting.

“Bella Sera is the theme for the prom, and decorations of flowers and lanterns will ensure that it is a beautiful evening. Lifetouch will be there to take candid shots of the students, and a photo booth will also be provided,” said prom adviser, Michelle Bear. Bear’s job includes keeping the juniors on track, making sure the bills get paid, helping with the set-up, and running the prom assembly.

Since it is a school event, all school rules apply. Formal attire is required. Photo identification and prom tickets must be shown to get on base and into the community center. Non-Big Spring students must have a photo ID with a birth date printed on the card. Guests must be at least in 9th grade and may not be older than 20. Before May 5, all guests must be pre-approved by the high school administration. Parents are not permitted to attend, and no one will be admitted after 8 p.m.  Students leaving before 10:30, must sign out, must leave the parking lot, and may not return to the premises.

Bear and juniors, Ian Ward, Emilee Fulkroad, Alex Kutulakis, Kaylee Enck, and Alicia Canaday worked really hard to make this a special occasion. Seniors will vote for the Prom King and Queen, and the winners will be announced at an assembly on May 10. “For prom we basically make all the decisions. We choose the theme, decorations, food, the prom favors, the DJ, and the photobooth. Some of our decorations this year are being created rather than just bought which is pretty cool,” said Fulkroad. Canaday said, “We pick and order all of the supplies and get to choose the flowers for court along with crowns and sashes. I really like having a say in what is going on, and I love planning parties!” Enck said, “It has been a lot of work, but it is also a lot of fun. I love working with my fellow officers and getting to hone my organizational and planning skills.”

Don’t miss out on this important event.  Tickets are $43 per person. Contact the office to order and pay for your tickets, which will be available on May 8. Join your friends, and have a Bella Sera!