Safe to Say Text App

Michael Wickard, Reporter

It is important to see the warning signs for some individuals that may be a threat to themselves or others, and there is now a way to do this through a texting app called Safe to Say.. According to their site, “Safe to Say Something is a youth violence prevention program that is run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. It is used to teach youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to say something’ before it is too late.” With Safe2Say Something, it’s easy and confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies.”

Jocelyn Kraus is a Big Spring counselor who said the app was released in January during a Flex time in Mid-March on a Wednesday. The goal for this app was to help students, parents, and the community to report and threats that may occur. For now there is nothing else that is going into this app for the future. Kraus said that the app helps provide a safe platform for what might happen. Kraus said, “That students, parents, and the community to be able to discuss the things that scare them the most.”

Officer Bryan Grzyboski also said that every school has to participate in it. It was the State Legislator that came up with it,and the main goal was that students, parents, and the community could report anything that might be suspicious or dangerous. Grzyboski said that there is still nothing else going into this for the future. In his opinion, he thinks it was a good idea to be anonymous. Grzyboski said, “If any student see something suspicious, please report it.”

1-844-SAF2SAY