Busy Weekend For Big Spring

Busy Weekend For Big Spring

The Big Spring School District is getting out early today on account of a staff development day, with let out times of the 11:15 at the middle school, 11:35 at the high school, and 1:00 at the elementary schools. Students and teachers alike are happy about this half day but that’s only the beginning of this busy weekend. Friday night contains an away football game, and Saturday there will be a Club C.A.R.E. Fall Craft Fair, girls’ volleyball game, and District III Cross Country meet.

The football game against East Penn starts at 7pm. Matt Ulsh, lineman, said, “In the middle of every difficulty lays opportunity.” Freshman fan Kacey Biscuit said, “I predict that the score will be 26 to 14.” Quarterback Jarrett Petty said “the best revenge is massive success.”

The Fall Craft Fair is on Saturday from 9-3 hosted by Club C.A.R.E. This event is held every year in order to raise funds for Club C.A.R.E. and bring the community together for a fun and memorable morning. Although, unlike every other year this year the craft fair is being held at the Middle school. Angela Schneider, co-advisor of Club C.A.R.E. said, “There are over 60 vendors of homemade items and independent consultants this year. Dr. Smith and Bookends are also hosting a Scholastic Book Fair, and some student travelers headed to France and Italy this summer are having a yard sale on premises as well.”

Girls’ volleyball plays York Suburban at 4:30 at Hempfield. The volleyball girls predicting “we’re gonna win!” This is a post season, district match so it’ll be intense. A fan bus will be available at the cost of $4, this will cover your cost of getting into the match. Keep in mind that this bus leaves from the stadium parking lot at 2:45.

Cross Country has a district meet running throughout the day. They’ll be competing with the entire PIAA district III to gain points and win as a team. Their competing teams are coming in today to view the course for their meet tomorrow so we’ll be getting out early on account of them.