Jackson tops MVP race

John (Austin) Walter, Reporter

With the NFL season winding down, there’s a lot of talk about who will be the league’s MVP this year. One of the favorites is the Baltimore Ravens’ quarterback, Lamar Jackson. Jackson has been scorching defenses week in and week out throughout the first 13 Weeks of the regular season. 

The Ravens went 10-6 during the 2018-19 season. Throughout the season, Jackson was referred to as a “running back” by many fans of the NFL. This year however, he has been a nightmare many of the defenses that have attempted to stop him. Over the course of the 2019 regular season, Jackson carried his team, and they are 14-2 heading into the playoffs. 

Student, Austin Bryner, said, “Lamar Jackson is the best offensive player right now in the NFL.” Bryner also said, “ I think Jackson deserves it the most because of what he has done in his first year starting the whole season. Also, teacher Angela Schneider said, who is a die hard Ravens fan and owns season tickets, said, “He has broken enough records this year to be the MVP.” She also said “He’s more dynamic than anyone else and is doing things differently than anyone has ever done them.”

Jackson isn’t the only one contributing to the Raven’s success though. Recent first-round picks Marquise Brown, Marlon Humphrey, and Ronnie Stanley are becoming pillars of the team according to cbssports.com. The Ravens also signed running back, Mark Ingram after the Saints failed to settle a new contract. The new unit is gaining the attention of all NFL fans across the country, especially after defeating the New England Patriots and the San Francisco 49ers.